WordPress started as a blogging platform but has evolved to become one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) worldwide. In this post, we will take a look at why WordPress is so popular as a CMS.
- Open Source Platform First of all, WordPress is an open-source platform. This means that you are not limited to the theme and plugin options that the developers of the CMS produce. Hundreds and thousands of developers worldwide develop WordPress plugins, themes, widgets, etc. All of these are micro-communities that have been created to make your WordPress experience the most comfortable one possible. The possibilities on this platform are just limitless!
- Versatility WordPress is a versatile platform that has grown to become more than just a blogging platform. It is a full-fledged CMS that is perfect for creating and managing websites of all kinds, including e-commerce sites, blogs, portfolios, social media, and more.The platform’s versatility comes from the availability of several plugins and themes that help to extend its functionality. To add a specific feature, all you need to do is search for it among the many plugins and install it. WordPress started as a blogging platform in 2003, today it’s the most popular CMS there is, only due to the consistent updates and development that has gone into it.
- User-Friendly One of the best things about WordPress is that it is user-friendly. It doesn’t matter whether you are a tech-savvy programmer or a beginner with little technical experience. You can easily learn and navigate the site because it’s user-friendly. The platform’s user-friendliness is largely due to its well-thought-out user-interface and the availability of hundreds and thousands of tutorials and walkthroughs on using WordPress.
- SEO Friendly: SEO is critical for a website’s success. WordPress has an in-built SEO optimization tool. You can also use other third-party SEO tools like Yoast SEO or RankMath to further improve your SEO ranking. Plugins like Yoast SEO provide you with all the SEO basics for free, which translates into your website ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). WordPress is loved by many people, including SEO experts for providing a strong foundation for ranking high in search engine results pages.
- Community Support WordPress has a strong community support system with forums, seminars, meetups, and workshops worldwide dedicated to the platform. Here, problems, solutions, best practices, and other insights on optimizing the CMS are shared. The community concept behind WordPress is what makes it such a powerful tool. WordPress has a large and active community that is always ready to help. As a new user, you can always look to the community for help.
In conclusion, the reasons above show us that WordPress is one of the most popular CMS globally. The open-source nature of its development coupled with its versatility, user-friendliness, SEO optimization tool, and strong community support provides users with a truly unique and fantastic web development experience. WordPress is a beautiful thing, and its increasing popularity is justified.
Read more about Best WordPress hosting on Reddit